2) Section of newspaper story would appear (no Op-Ed): SPORTS
3) What are the most dominant news elements in the story? Explain in-depth:
___________Proximity______________ Why? These are students that attend our high school therefore people are most likely intrested in how their classmates do.
______________Timeliness___________ Why? The sections just took place and now the state meet is about to take place, and so it is all happening currently.
4) In a few sentences, describe what the story will be about:
This story will talk about the hard work and committment that was needed to make it to state and also their goals. It will also involve interviews of those girls attending the state meet.
5) Specifically, who will you interview or contact? Why those people?
_____Mary Van Metre____________________ Why? Mary is only a Sophmore and has already been to state at least 2 times.
___The Assistant Coach_ Scott Johnson__________ Why? I will contact him because he knows the successes of these girls, and their journey to the tournament.
6) What information do you need to gather before you begin interviews? I will need to formulate well written questions, and also set up my interviews.
7) What questions do you definitely need answered in your interviews? Why? I need to ask them how they feel about getting the opportunity to take part in state, how much time and effort they put into swimming.
8) What photo opportunities are available to go alongside this story (give names, places, times, etc.)? Pictures of them swimming throughout the season (sectionals?)
9) Who should a photographer contact to set up photographs? It may be hard to fiond a time to interview the swimmers and coach because they are busy preparing for the tournament.
10) What concerns or problems do you foresee in getting this story together? It may be hard to fiond a time to interview the swimmers and coach because they are busy preparing for the tournament.
11) Other information?