1) Slug: A few edina girls cross country runners going to sectionals
2) Section of newspaper story would appear (no Op-Ed): SPORTS
3) What are the most dominant news elements in the story? Explain in-depth:
___________Proximity______________ Why? Usually students want to here when members of Edina sports teams are going to secionals or state tournaments, and these runners attend our school.
______________Timeliness___________ Why? The sections just occured and depending on how they did depends on if they will advance to state or not.
4) In a few sentences, describe what the story will be about:
This story will involve an interview with the headcoach asking her how they prepared for there important meeets and what helped the girls to become better runners. I will also interview one of the team's sectional qualifier and ask her how she feels about making it on the sectional team and how hard it was to get there.
5) Specifically, who will you interview or contact? Why those people?
______Lauren__Christiansen_______________ Why? Lauren is a sophmore and a really good runner, and I have known her for a long time.
___The headcoach Kathleen Morgan__________ Why? She is the headcoach and was with these girls every day training, and she knows their strengths.
6) What information do you need to gather before you begin interviews? I will need to formulate well written questions, and also set up my interviews.
7) What questions do you definitely need answered in your interviews? Why? I need to ask them how they feel about getting the opportunity to take part in state, how much time and effort they put into running.
8) What photo opportunities are available to go alongside this story (give names, places, times, etc.)? Pictures of them at their meets/ practices.
9) Who should a photographer contact to set up photographs? team manager?
10) What concerns or problems do you foresee in getting this story together? It may be hard to find a time to interview the swimmers and coach because they are busy preparing for the tournament.
11) Other information?